9 January 2016

What's in my Make-up Bag?

I have only recently become a lover of make-up and therefore my make-up collection is very small but I wanted to share it with you anyway! Make-up never really interested me until about two years ago, when I realised that a little thing called 'foundation' and 'concealer' could be a life saver for me. My acne had gotten pretty bad and so I just wanted something that I could use to hide all my spots and that would hopefully help in boosting my self-esteem. And that's where my love of make-up started. I began to take an interest in trying out different foundations and concealers to see which ones worked the best for me and it really helped me to begin to build my confidence as I didn't feel as self-conscious as before. At this point I was also binge watching a ton of beauty youtubers like Zoella, MakeupbyMandy24 and Siena Mirabella and I enjoyed watching how they created different make-up looks. So then I went out and bought basic things like mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow and I started to create my own makeup looks and experiment with different things. And I am far from a professional when it comes to doing my make-up but I enjoy doing it and I like learning new things. And so hopefully my love for make-up, and my collection, will continue to grow!

So the make-up bag that I am currently using is the Zoella Beauty Rose Gold Vanity Case, which I am in love with. Zoella is a massive inspiration to me and her Zoella Beauty products are just stunning. I love using this vanity case as my make-up bag because it is so roomy, you can fit so much in it and therefore it is perfect if you have an ever-growing make-up collection!


Most of my make-up bag is full of bottles of foundation. Most of which I don't use anymore. I go through phases of loving one foundation one minute and then questioning why I ever thought it looked good. I think that sometimes a foundation seems really good until I find a new one and compare it to that and realise that it perhaps doesn't match my skin tone as well as the other one, or it doesn't give as much coverage. So the foundations that I don't use as much anymore, but I still keep because you never know I might go back to using them, are Maybelline Superstay 24hr Foundation in Light Beige, Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in Fair 100 and Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Ivory 110.  These are all really good foundations, I just found that the Maybelline Superstay Foundation in the lightest shade was still too dark for my skin tone and I felt that the Revlon Colorstay Foundation dried up my skin a little.

The foundation that I currently use and that I am in love with is the L'Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade 1.R/1.C Rose Ivory. I just feel that it does exactly what I want it to do. It gives me great coverage, without drying out my skin whilst it matches my skin tone perfectly and is super blendable! I also use the L'Oreal True Match powder in 1.R/1.C Rose Ivory to set my foundation so that it does't move around and it also prevents my face from looking really shiny!


I also use concealer a lot for when I need that extra bit of coverage. (So basically when I have one of those humungous spots that foundation just won't hide!) My favourite concealers at the moment are Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer in Ivory 1 and Collection Cover Up Stick in Light 1. I alternate between both of them because I love them equally although the Collection Cover Up Stick is a lot more affordable as it only costs £1.99! That is an incredible price for a concealer that really works and that even manages to cover my worst spots. My go to blusher is the Rimmel London 001 Spring Flower 3 in 1 Powder Blush because it looks really natural and again is great value for money.


Moving onto eyeshadow, my favourite palette is the Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 2! The colours are so pretty and they are super pigmented. There are a variety of colours, some matte and some shimmer shadows which you can create a ton of different looks with. I think that it is such a great product and again it is so affordable, costing just £4! I am also in love with the Ted Baker London Eye Shadow Trios! The packaging is super cute to begin with and again the shadows are really pigmented and add such depth to your eyes. The make-up brushes that I use are from Primark mainly because they are cheap and cheerful! They are priced at around £1 per brush and they do the job so I am happy with them!



The mascara that I have in my make-up bag at the moment is the Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara. It gives my eyelashes such length and volume but doesn't clump up at the ends or make my lashes look really fake! I have even been given complements on my eyelashes whilst wearing the mascara where people have said that I have lovely natural long lashes! I absolutely love it!


When it comes to lip products, I mainly wear Baby Lips because my lips are always dry no matter how much vaseline or nivea lip balm I use. Therefore Baby Lips is perfect because they hydrate my lips and make them feel super soft whilst adding colour to them. There are so many different colours of Baby Lips available now so there is lots to choose from and I think that they are perfect for people who can't really wear lip stick because it dries out their lips too much. When I do occasionally wear lip stick, I use Primark's P.S. Love... Lipstick because they are super affordable and are available in a variety of colours. I feel like they last really long, pretty much throughout the whole day and I feel as though they don't dry out my lips as much as other lip sticks do.




And there you have it! That is everything in my make-up bag! I hope to continue to grow my make-up collection, learn new techniques and experiment more with different products in the future. I feel that make-up can be so expensive, so I like to look out for bargains and cheap alternatives to expensive brands and I enjoy trying them out to see what I think of them. Let me know in the comments what your favourite make-up products are at the moment because I would love to know. Thanks for reading!

Lucille Xox98

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucille | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig