5 January 2016

Bowling!

Currently I am on holiday and therefore I like to make sure that I have lots of things planned to do so that I can make the most of the holidays. So my sister Laura and I went to Aberdeen to do some shopping and then we also went ice-skating which was a lot more difficult than I expected. I mean a lot more difficult! Seriously, I was clinging to the wall with one hand whilst the other was hooked onto Laura's arm as I attempted to move on the ice, determined not to fall over and embarrass myself! 


So for the last day of my holidays I wanted to do something fun, something I hadn't done in a while! And so I suggested bowling, which my siblings were extremely keen for. And so that is what we did. 

As soon as we got to Roller Bowl we were told that we were going to have to wait half an hour for a lane, which I was fine with as I am a very patient person. My dad on the other hand was not amused as patient, he certainly is not. But lets not get into that. So of course, being the big kid that I am, I automatically ran over to Electro-city, which is basically a small section like an amusement arcade. 


We spent a good half hour there attempting to win a teddy bear from one of those 'grabby machines' which surprise surprise we did not win anything. I know that those things are like impossible to win and yet I waste so much money on them! I guess I will never learn! My sister Laura and I also went on these motorbikes which she had to persuade me to do as I was a bit nervous because I thought that people would be watching me! Anyway, I did it. 

I basically sat on one motorbike whilst Laura sat on the other and we raced and I won! I really don't know how that happened because I was crashing into everything and so it must have been a fix! After spending half an hour in Electro-city, there still wasn't a free lane for us! And so we basically sat chatting for the next half hour. There was a bar there but we were all too tight to spend our money on something to eat or drink, yet we wasted all that money in the arcade!? And finally a lane became available for us and we walked over to the counter to get our bowling shoes! And snazzy they were!

I have never really been good at bowling and if I could, I would still be using bumpers! It's just so difficult! I roll the ball wanting it to go left, and it goes right! I just can't do it! But I like bowling because it's fun and it's a laugh! You shouldn't dislike something just because you're not good at it! All that matters is that you have fun! And if you're as bad as me, then you can also have a good laugh!We played two games, both of which my brother won. (He had bumpers though, that's why! I mean if he hadn't then I would have won! Right?!)The thing that I found hardest about bowling , excluding the fact that the ball wouldn't do what I wanted it to do, was that none of the bowling balls were the right size for me! I couldn't fit my fingers in any of the light bowling balls and the ones that my fingers did fit in were way to heavy! I couldn't even lift them! And so each time that I went to roll the ball, I was scared that my fingers would get stuck and then all sorts of crazy thoughts ran through my head about would could possibly happen! What can I say? I overthink things... a lot! 



Then, once we had finished bowling and I had taken a billion snaps of bowling balls trying to find the perfect shot, we played air hockey! Boy had I forgotten how competitive I could be! My brother Daniel and I were in one team, whilst my sister Laura and my Dad were in the other team! It started of pretty casual, but then I got so lost in the game and I was so determined to beat my dad because he is a pretty competitive person too! Seriously, Daniel and I wanted to win so badly, you could see the concentration in our eyes, we would do anything to make sure the puck didn't go in our goal. At one point Daniel hit the puck so hard with his mallet that it went flying off the surface and landed on the floor! Well I was wetting myself with laughter! Only Daniel could be capable of doing something like that! Haha!






























































So I guess that the message I would like you guys to take from this post is that it is the little  things in life that matter the most! A non-expensive day out bowling has given me so many great memories that I want to remember forever. And so you don't always have to go some place expensive to have fun and create memories! If you are doing something with the people you love then you will have great fun and you will create so many memories that will last forever! And those are my favourite kind of days. The days where you have the most fun ever with your family when you aren't even doing anything that special. But because they are with you, they make the day special!
Lucille Xox98
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucille | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig