14 February 2016

Valentines Chocolate Cupcakes!

Hello everyone and happy valentines day! I hope you are having an amazing day whether you are spending it with your boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife, or even if you are just spending the day with your loved ones like your family and friends!

As you may or may not know, baking is one of my favourite pastimes and so I thought that Valentines Day would be the perfect excuse to whip out all of my baking gear and whiz something together! So I decided to bake these very simple, yet cute, chocolate cupcakes which are so delicious! 

 

Ingredients
  • 110g self-raising flour
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 110g softened margarine
  • 110g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
Equipment
  • Scales
  • Sieve 
  • Large Mixing Bowl
  • Wooden Spoon
  • Measuring Spoons
  • Cupcake Cases
  • Muffin Tray


Method

Firstly, pre-heat your oven to Gas mark 5 or 190 C. Then sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. After that, mix in the margarine and caster sugar. Add the eggs into the mixture and beat well. Keep whisking until the mixture is light and fluffy. You can then just go ahead and divide the mixture into the cupcake cases. I used red cupcake cases because they make the cakes look more valentines day themed and I was able to make 10 cupcakes using the mixture. Next, you carefully place the cupcakes into the oven and leave them to bake for around 15-17 minutes. Then leave the cupcakes to cool before icing them. 

Ingredients for Icing
  • 50g softened butter
  • 45g cocoa powder
  • 100ml milk
  • 450g icing sugar
  • Sprinkles for decoration
Equipment 
  • Scales
  • Small Mixing Bowl
  • Jug
  • Wooden Spoon
  • Piping Bag 

Method

In your mixing bowl, beat the butter and cocoa powder together until combined. Next add the milk and continue to beat until smooth. Gradually add in the icing sugar and mix well until the desired consistency is achieved. I added another little drop of milk to my mixture because I felt like my icing was too thick. So depending on the consistency of your mixture, you may also need to add more milk or icing sugar. Then either use a piping bag or a palette knife to transfer the chocolate icing onto your cupcakes. Decorate how you wish. I just used lots of red sprinkles to make kisses and heart shapes which I think worked quite well. 




And there you have it! That is how I made these very cute and simple chocolate valentines day themed cupcakes. Let me know if you try out this recipe or tell me in the comments what treats you like to make for valentines day. Thank you guys so much for reading and stay tuned for my next blog post. X

Lucille Xox98









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucille | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig